Puppet Play Therapy 101
Time & Location
About the Event
Puppets can be used by children in play therapy as an experiential tool for expressing their thoughts and feelings. This interactive workshop will introduce practitioners to the creative modality of puppet play therapy. Participants will learn about the benefits of using puppets with children. The presenter will also introduce practitioners to two interactive puppet play therapy interventions. Practitioners will create a dragon puppet to use as a bibliotherapy tool. All practitioners are invited to also bring a puppet to introduce at the training.
1. Describe puppet play therapy
2. Identify benefits of using puppets with children
3. Explore the “Choose a Puppet” intervention
4. Create a dragon puppet for puppet bibliotherapy.
30 minutesIntro to puppet play therapy
30 minutesBenefits and therapeutic value of puppets in play therapy
- Professional$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service fee0$0
- Student$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0